Adoption Makes Family wants to ensure that everyone involved with the adoption of a child is well-informed and has the support necessary to make conscious decisions about their adoption. For this reason, we’ve put together a list of adoption resources to help you through the adoption process.
Adoption is a wonderful part of today’s society. But unfortunately there are many women who have an unwanted pregnancy and simply cannot care for the child once he/she is born. In this scenario, the birthmother seeks an adoptive parent to take the child from birth to raise him/her as their own. You may be one of these potential adoptive parents and are looking to adopt a child, a birthmother going through a tough time with your pregnancy, or just someone looking for information on adoption. Here are some useful adoption resources and links that will help you get your research started:
- Some adoption FAQ from us at Adoption Makes Family: https://www.adoptionmakesfamily.org/index.php/resources/frequently-ask-questions-birth
- The Child Welfare Information Gateway provides everything you need to know about adoption on their website, from ethical issues, to how it works, and even parenting resources: https://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/
- 1-800-HOMESTUDY is a great resource for anyone preparing for an upcoming home study and we highly recommend you look through their checklist and print it out: http://www.1-800-homestudy.com/
- The Dave Thomas Foundation has a bunch of useful adoption information, but the list of 10 steps to building your forever family is something that all prospective adoptive parents should take a look at. https://www.davethomasfoundation.org/about-foster-care-adoption/adoption-guide/10-steps-to-building-your-forever-family/
- The National Adoption Foundation provides financial assistance through grants that you may be eligible for if you are in need of help in paying for your adoption: http://fundyouradoption.org/adoption-grants/
- We recommend Sherry L. Leichman to answer any legal issues regarding adoption. http://www.leichmansnyderlaw.com/1.0/about.html
Adoption Support and Counselors
At Adoption Makes Family we want you to be able to assist your child wherever possible and make for a strong, loving, and hopeful future for them, and we’re willing to act as another resource to help during the process.ÂÂ We can help you create your own loving adoption plan and can essentially plan out the future your child would like to have and discuss ways of reaching these goals. We can provide you with the support and assistance whenever you may need it.
Whether you have already adopted through us, are planning to adopt, or are just thinking about it, it’s worth mentioning that we have adoption counselors on-site and ready to answer any questions you may have. Birthmothers and birthfathers often have trouble dealing with the adoption emotionally and require additional support outside of traditional means. We’re here to help you through it and make the process go as smoothly and stress-free as possible. Of course, the same support is available for prospective adoptive parents and we would be more than happy to answer your questions or advise you on what to do next in the adoption process.
If you have any questions or require additional assistance with your adoption, then please contact us: